Vacancy – Theatre Producer
Fíbín wishes to recruit a full-time Theatre Producer to join the core team to co-ordinate and support the delivery of theatre projects, and to help develop Fíbín as a prominent player in the Irish theatre sector.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This full-time position will produce new work to the highest artistic standards and to work closely with the artistic director in delivering productions of world-class excellence.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce Fíbín’s theatre productions.
- Work closely with the artistic director and creative team in supporting the creative vision for productions.
- Source and hire production team and crew as necessary.
- Plan and lead all productions ensuring they run in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Attend all production meetings, technical rehearsals and previews for all Fíbín productions.
- Ensure Fíbín’s vision and profile is maintained.
- Maintain good working relationship within the company between all departments from show to show.
- Work with the Production Manager to control the running of all performances, ensuring that the agreed and established artistic and technical standards for such productions are maintained at all times.
- Make annual applications and seek funding opportunities for the company.
- Work closely with the Artistic Director and Executive Producer and Production Manager to ensure financial control is maintained on any production spend.
- Organise and co-ordinate Fíbín on tour.
- Either personally, or in liaison with a touring Stage Manager, manage all staff on tour.
- Book and manage all travel and accommodation in Galway and on tour for Fíbín performing and technical company.
- Produce payment schedules ahead of the start of the rehearsals for all wages, per diems and travel payments. To keep this schedule up to date and forward to the finance department when relevant.
- Prepare and file all petty cash receipts, complete purchase orders for all purchases made outside of petty cash and to follow all of Fíbín’s financial control procedures.
- Adhere to Fíbín’s health and safety policy according to current legislation.
- Liaise with the Artistic Director, Executive Producer/ CEO and Board to resolve any artistic problems, which may arise during the run of a production.
- Co-ordinate with the Fíbín’s Director of Marketing and Communications on any press calls, interviews or other activities that involve the Creative Company in terms of diaries and timekeeping.
- Liaise with Artistic Director over any artistic events to be presented in Fíbín’s new space, gallery, and café.
- Undertake training deemed necessary by the company for projects.
- Act as an Ambassador for Fíbín at functions, opening nights and other networking opportunities.
- Any other reasonable task as assigned by the company.
Essential Experience, Qualities and Skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in professional theatre production.
- An in-depth knowledge of the production process.
- Fluncey in Irish essential
- Proven track record in leading a theatre production and team in theatres and on tour.
- Excellent budgetary and IT skills with a working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with theatre production processes.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure while delivering to a high standard.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Full Clean driving license
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply, please email a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Friday 7 February 6pm.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview the week of 10 February.
To create exciting theatrical experiences that will inspire theatre audiences and makers of the future. From our new home in Connemara, we aim to engage with Irish language artists and the community in creating an annual programme of work to attract a broad and diverse audience, locally, nationally and internationally. We aim to develop and nurture a new wave of artists in the Irish language.
Fíbín is the largest and most active Irish-language theatre company in Ireland. We present new writing as well as classic plays in a unique and creative way.
Fíbín’s visual approach overcomes any language boundaries that may exist. To achieve this, the company has made use of puppets, masks, shadows, music, sound and an array of highly visual techniques to develop a style not previously seen in children’s theatre, and in Irish Language Theatre in particular.
Fíbín was founded in 2003 with the intent of providing exciting, entertaining, and energetic theatre of the highest professional standards to a young audience through the medium of Irish. Coupled with this aim was a desire to produce inventive and ground-breaking theatre for young people.
Fíbín is proudly funded by, Ealaíon na Gaeltachta, Foras na Gaeilge, The Arts Council