In collaboration with Fíbín, Erris Arts Centre, under the direction of its Artistic Director, Brendan Murray, is co-producing a new version of Clann Lir. It is a unique show that combines art, storytelling and music.
A series of exciting images will be created live on stage by artist, Dara McGee, as the story unfolds of how Finola is banished with her three brothers to spend 900 years as singing swans in three remote locations in Ireland.
Clann Lir will be performed in Mayo, Galway and Connemara as part of Seachtain na Gaeilge 2017.
VENUES & DATES:
- 1 March: 11am, Erris Arts Centre, Bellmullet Co. Mayo. Bookings – 097 81079
- 3 March: 11am, Cornamona, Co. Galway
- 13- 15 March: Seanscoil Sailearna, Inverin, Co. Galway
- 15 & 16 March: 10:30am & 12pm, An Taibhdhearc, Galway – Bookings 091-563 600
- 27 April:Féile na Bealtaine, 9:30am Ballyferriter Heritage Centre, and 12:30pm, Feohanagh Community Hall, Co. Kerry
- 11 May: 10am & 12pm, Axis, Ballymun, Dublin – Bookings 01 883 2100
- 26 May: 7:30pm, Children of Lir Festival , The Clubhouse Bar & Restaurant, Belmullet, Co. Mayo
- 10 June: 1pm, Féile Drámaíochta na nGael, Belfast
- 27 July: Pearse’s Summer School, Ionad Cultúrtha an Phiarsaigh, Ros Muc
- 26 August: Family Picnic, Áras Éanna, Inisheer
- 18 September: Clifden Arts Festival, Scoil Mhuire, Clifden, Co. Galway
- 2 October: 11am & 1pm, Ardara Community Centre, Co. Donegal
- 3 October: 10:30am & 1pm, Kilcar Parish Hall, Co. Donegal
- 4 October: 11am & 1pm, Abbey Arts Centre, Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal
- 11 October: 10:30am & 12pm, Red Line Book Festival, Clondalkin Library, Monastery Rd, Clondalkin, Dublin 22
- 12 October: 10am & 12pm, Red Line Book Festival, Pearse Museum, St. Enda’s Park, Grange Rd, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16
- 14 October: 2pm, Wainfest, Gweedore Theatre, Derrybeg, Co. Donegal